Sergey Golovkin

Sergey Golovkin

Russian serial killer, pedophile, sadist
Date of Birth: 26.11.1959
Country: Russia

  1. Sergei Golovkin: A Biography of a Russian Serial Killer
  2. Early Life and Education
  3. Unusual Behaviors
  4. A Series of Murders
  5. The Creation of a "Stationary"
  6. The Arrest and Investigation
  7. Conclusion

Sergei Golovkin: A Biography of a Russian Serial Killer

Early Life and Education

Sergei Golovkin, a Russian serial killer, pedophile, and sadist, is similar to other maniacs who lead seemingly normal lives. He belongs to the type of criminals that renowned Helen Morrison characterizes as having "pleasant appearances, being polite, sweet-tongued, and kind." Golovkin obtained a higher education and graduated from an agricultural academy. He worked as a zootechnician at the Onitsyovsky Stud Farm, where he was highly regarded by his colleagues for his expertise and non-confrontational nature.

Unusual Behaviors

However, Golovkin had his peculiarities. He showed no interest in women, never married, and lived alone. Many noticed that while performing his duties at work, he sometimes became overly engrossed. When examining and inseminating horses, he would keep his hand inside the animal's rectum for an extended period, and his eyes would become cloudy. If someone approached him with a question during these moments, he seemed oblivious to their presence.

Some women felt embarrassed when Golovkin touched the genitals of the mares, as he would appear visibly aroused. Despite this, Sergei had a pleasant appearance - tall, slim, and attractive. The transitional period of his life marked the beginning of his deviant behavior. At the age of 13, he caught a cat, hanged it, and then decapitated it. This experience gave Golovkin a sense of relief and release. He started fantasizing about exhuming corpses and dismembering them. During masturbation, he imagined engaging in sexual acts with his classmates while torturing them, such as frying them naked on a pan or burning them on a bonfire. In his childhood, he also fantasized about being a fascist torturing heroic pioneers.

A Series of Murders

Over time, Golovkin developed an idealized image of his desired boy - slim, of average height, no older than 16. His disturbed mind urged him to turn these fantasies into actions. He began searching for victims to satisfy his twisted desires. His trips around pioneer camps became a regular occurrence, lasting until exhaustion. Observing his potential prey, he realized that it was most convenient to attack teenagers who ventured beyond the camp's boundaries to smoke. He would keep watch near the fence openings, wearing an inconspicuous green storm coat. He could be seen not only near the pioneer camps but also near the meadows where boys played football and the river where children went swimming. He often used binoculars to spot his targets but would sometimes approach them closely.

In the span of six years in the Odintsovo District of the Moscow Region, the remains of 11 dismembered boys were discovered. The first body was found in April 1986, followed by two more brutal murders in July of the same year. After this chilling series of crimes, there was a three-year hiatus before another wave of killings occurred in 1992.

The Creation of a "Stationary"

After the initial murders, Golovkin felt a "thirst for new sensations." The forest, where mushroom pickers or passersby could appear at any moment, did not provide a sense of complete freedom. He desired a more comfortable environment for his sadistic acts. Above all, he wanted his pleasures to last for hours, not just minutes.

Thus, the idea of a "stationary" was born. Golovkin purchased a Lada car, obtained a garage space on the territory of the stud farm, dug a basement in the garage, cemented the floor, lined the walls with concrete slabs, installed lighting, and fixed rings on the walls. He even acquired a zinc-coated children's bathtub. Building this chamber of horrors brought him great anticipation, as he believed he could now do whatever he pleased without fear of interruption or interference.

The category of boys he targeted also changed. Now, he focused on those who had run away from home, whom parents might not immediately notice or search for. His car aided him significantly in carrying out his plans. He often approached boys who got off trains and stood by the road with their hands raised, waiting for a ride. Golovkin's fantasies were finally coming true. He managed to lure two boys into his car at first, and later, even three.

The Arrest and Investigation

Sergei Golovkin, known as the "Python," did not expect to be apprehended. He believed he was untouchable. However, when the handcuffs clicked on his wrists, his reaction was one of shock. During the initial interrogations, he responded with ambiguous answers, alternating between "yes" and "no."

The next morning after his arrest, Golovkin began providing testimonies. However, he admitted to feeling no remorse. When asked why he never started a family, he revealed, "I was afraid I would do the same to my own son as I did to those boys."

According to the Senior Investigator for Particularly Important Cases at the Russian Prosecutor General's Office, Senior Counselor of Justice Evgeny Bakin, Golovkin's arrest came after three teenagers were found murdered and mutilated on September 15, 1992. The police decided it was time to take action. Bakin explains, "We had his place of residence pinpointed with certainty. In terms of profession, I leaned towards a medical aspect. I suspected he could be a paramedic, a medical assistant, perhaps even working in a morgue, as he demonstrated a specific knowledge. But the possibility that Golovkin was involved in agriculture, specifically livestock farming, was not excluded. We already knew that the only enterprise in the area was the horse farm... The nature of the work allowed for the accuracy of this version."

It became clear that Golovkin had personal transportation because he could not have transported the victims' remains without it. The bodies were heavy. Golovkin returned to the old burial sites, reverting back to 1986. The circle closed definitively. It was also understood that without a means of transportation - a motorcycle or a car - he would not have been able to abduct the boys. All three of them lived in Gorki-K, and on that day, they were heading home from the Zhavoronki station. To reach Gorki, they could either take a bus or wait for a train. However, the train schedules did not coincide with the bus timetables. If the boys had waited for the bus, nothing would have happened to them. It was clear they had hitchhiked. The boys did not return home, and their parents immediately began searching for them.

When the bodies were discovered, it became evident that they fell victim to the same perpetrator. The modus operandi matched. It was established that the boys had interacted with a young man the day before their disappearance.

Golovkin provided details about his last victims, stating, "I told E., who was hanging from a hook, that I was going to burn an obscene word onto his chest using a soldering lamp. During the burning, E. didn't scream, he only hissed in pain. I told the three of them that I had already killed eleven boys, and I established an order, informing the children of who would die first. I dissected Sh. in front of E., showing him the internal organs and giving anatomical explanations. The boy went through all of this calmly, without hysteria, only occasionally turning away."


Sergei Golovkin's arrest marked the end of his gruesome spree. His trial and subsequent imprisonment brought justice to his victims and closure to their families. Despite his lack of remorse, the investigation and arrest ensured that Golovkin would no longer be a threat to society.